Applying to a JSA Summer School? Follow these 3 easy steps:
1. Create a MyJSA account. Your MyJSA account will allow you to start, save and continue your application online, at your convenience. (Click here for details)
a. Click the ‘Register Now’ link below the Login box on the right side of the page.
b. Fill out the signup form. Fields marked with a red line are required, everything else is optional. You will see a second page after clicking the red Sign Up button on the lower left. Once all the required fields are filled out, click the Sign Up button on the second page.
c. Once you’ve completed the Sign Up form, check for your MyJSA account confirmation email. Click the first link in the email to create your MyJSA account password.
If you already have a MyJSA account, go to step #2.
2. Start your application. Once logged in to your MyJSA account, click the ‘Start New Summer School Application’ link and provide the required information.(Click here for details)
You have now successfully created your online application. You can either continue filling out the application, or click the ‘Save for Later’ link at the bottom of the application. If you save it for later, you will find your application under the ‘My Events’ tab when you login to your MyJSA account.
3. Complete your application. In order to complete your application, you must fill out the ‘My Personal Data’ tab as well as complete or submit all the application requirements.(Click here for details)
Requirements for completing a Summer School application:
Your application will be complete once:
1. You select the campus and course to which you are applying ?
2. You have completed the “personal information” section ?
3. You have submitted two short essays ?
a. In 150 words or less, please tell us about your extracurricular activities and any leadership positions you hold or have held.
b. Write an essay of at least 500, but no more than 750 words about a political issue that you care about. The personal essay helps us understand you as a person and a student, aside from your grades.
4. We have received a copy of your high school transcript ?
JSA Summer School
2001 S Street NW, Suite 510
Washington, D.C. 20009
5. We have received a recommendation from your teacher/counselor. ?
We offer a rolling admissions process and are currently accepting applications for summer 2017. We will continue to accept applications until all spaces are filled, but we recommend that you complete your application as early as possible to ensure your preferred location and courses.
If you have questions about qualifications or the application process, give us a call:
- 800-334-5353 (In the U.S.)
- 650-347-1600 (From outside the U.S.)
You can also email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Want to apply to a JSA Institute instead? Go to the Summer Institutes Application Steps.